This is to announce the general availability of Sentinel System Driver (SSD) version 7.5.4 for Macintosh platform.
This version of SSD (7.5.4) adds support of Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). The new SSD installer is in "flat package" format and the driver files are signed for smooth installation.
The SSD package can be downloaded from Sentinel Customer Community
RMS Version tested:
RMS 8.6.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
Not able to start the service using (services.msc\ lservnt.exe –X start).
In case of Network Adapters, RMS has buffer length of only 64 characters for its friendly names.
Example: If there is a network adapter name whose length is more than 64 characters, RMS might have some issues in fetching the fingerprints and would crash while starting its service.
Change the Network adapter’s name to something which is smaller than 64 characters in length.
This usually happens when the key is corrupt or when the internet connection isn’t stable on the machine or if the Master Wizard is run using RDP.
Therefore, make sure that the Master key is connected locally on the machine and the Internet connection is stable while running Master Wizard.
The Windows Insider Program, launched by Microsoft with Windows 10 announcement, allows anyone to opt-in to receive Insider Preview builds and provide Microsoft feedback before changes become available to all customers as a patch or a service pack.
As the name suggests, preview builds are still in development phase and are not stable. Customers who use these builds might experience crashes, security vulnerabilities and/or data loss. Microsoft acknowledges that some Insider Preview builds cause serious crashes and recommends that regular users should avoid using the same.
We recommend to avoid upgrading to Insider Preview builds, and only use them for testing, on dedicated test machines. In case if there are any issues or crashes, we need to either rollback the last build or upgrade the next one. Gemalto is committed to RTM (GA) version of Windows 10 and service packs. The intermediate Insider Preview builds don’t have the status of RTM or GA and as such are always going to be risky and unstable.
Engineering team regularly validates LDK Run-time on Windows Insider preview builds and looks into any RTE crashes reported by customers on these preview builds. One such issue (a BSOD) was recently reported by customers who use Insider Preview build 10565. This was due to changes by Microsoft . The latest Insider Preview build (10576) does not suffer from this issue and works perfectly with the latest Sentinel LDK Run-time (v7.41), but bear in mind that similar issues may reoccur with future Insider Preview builds, so it’s best to use them accordingly.
Sentinel LDK Embedded for Linux ARM is a low-footprint version of Sentinel LDK, available for devices that utilize ARM processors.
This version is upgrade over existing Sentinel LDK Embedded for Linux ARM ver 6.4.
Sentinel LDK Embedded for Linux ARM provides a subset of the full Sentinel LDK. This version supports Sentinel HL (Driverless configuration) standalone keys on a Linux ARM platform. This version support hard-float EABI.
Sentinel LDK Embedded v.7.3 requires Sentinel LDK for license generation. The SDK is available for download from Sentinel Customer Community.
Envelope support is available as separate offering for Linux on ARM.
As part of our commitment to continue improvement to quality and customer delight, the EMS 3.2.5 service pack has been released and can be accessed from:
- Revoke optimization to support more than 15 features
- Configurable license file name.
- Support for enforcement upgrade from RMS 8.5 to RMS 8.6 .
- Performance enhancements for web-service search, especially response for refifd2 search.
- Performance optimization for the modify entitlement flow on commit.
- Sorting for catalog features
- UI optimization for 'Feature Selection and License Model Configuration'.
- HA proxy deployment now supports split and transfer functionality for entitlements.
- EMS redirection based on modern web application standards.
- Revoke optimization to support more than 15 features.
- Product Suite fixes.
- Channel partner name fixes.
For details please refer to the release notes.
Sentinel LDK 7.4 is now available for Windows, Linux and Mac at Sentinel Customer Community.
- New Data File Protection Facility
- Changes to Sentinel Master Key Business Model
- Enhancements to Sentinel LDK Envelope
- Support for Sentinel HL Drive microSD
- Sentinel LDK Hardlock-to-Driverless Upgrade Tool Generator
- Administrative Rehost of an Existing Protection Key to a Different Key
- Fallback to V-Clock If RTC Battery is Depleted
- Windows 10 Support
For more information and details about other minor changes, please refer to the Release Notes and documentation available at http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/#
This is to announce the general availability of Sentinel Envelope for Linux on ARM, a file wrapper that provides intellectual property protection for native (C/C++) applications developed for Linux operating systems running on ARM platform.
Sentinel Envelope for Linux on ARM is tool that runs on Linux machine (X86, x86_64) to encrypt and obfuscate a vendor’s application and dynamic library that is targeted to run on Linux on ARM, preventing it from being disassembled and reverse-engineered.
Major features of Envelope are:
- Licensing Agnostic
- Protection against debugging
- Protection against memory dump
- Import table protection
- Encryption of binary
- Support for ARM v6 and v7 binaries
- Support for both soft-float and hard-float ABI
- Supports ARM architecture 7 and 8
The Envelope tool package can be downloaded from Sentinel Customer Community http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/#
We are glad to announce the arrival of new RTE installer for Windows.
This release fixes the issue that was with version 7.40 on Windows 8.x and Windows 10 machines.
- The Run-time Environment now supports Sentinel HL Drive microSD keys.
- The diagnostic report in Admin Control Center now provides additional information for driverless keys and updated driver versions.
- The diagnostic panel in Admin Control Center now displays the version number for the Run-time Environment.
- The Admin Control Center log file now indicates the version number for the Licensing API.
- The Sentinel Keys page in Admin Control Center now displays the capacity of attached Sentinel Drive microSD keys.
- Admin Control Center now displays the module name (in addition to the Feature ID) for Sentinel Master keys and Sentinel Developer keys.
- The button in Admin Control Center for generating C2V files is now blocked for HASP HL keys and Sentinel HL (HASP configuration) keys.
Further details are available in ReadMe.html enclosed in the respective package available at http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/#
An issue with the Run-time Environment version 7.40 has been discovered on Windows 8.x and Windows 10 machines.
As a result, Gemalto has decided to withdraw this version of the Run-time Environment.
Gemalto recommends the installation of Run-time Environment version 7.32 whenever required. This version is fully compatible with Windows 10 (and earlier).
For more details, please follow this link.
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
Sentinel System Driver 7.5.4 for Macintosh
heena | November 25, 2015, 09:52 am
Issue while starting RMS LM on Windows
heena | November 17, 2015, 09:46 am
Failed to decrypt API while introducing master key
heena | November 17, 2015, 09:46 am
LDK compatibility with Windows 10 Insider Preview builds
heena | November 5, 2015, 11:58 am
Sentinel LDK Embedded v.7.3 for Linux ARM
heena | November 5, 2015, 06:19 am