- Dynamic length packet for client-license manager communication
- Revocation of more than 15 stand-alone license features in a single transaction
- New license manager start-up option to increase socket buffer size
- Increased trace log backup files from 100 to 10,000
- Improved CID caching for stand-alone licenses
- Fixed memory leak in the VLSgetServInfo API
- Fixed automatic change of OS locale to US-English after VLSInitialize() API call
- Documentation Enhancements
For more details kindly refer to the Packages and Release Notes available at :
- Windows : https://kb.safenet-inc.com/kb/link.jsp?ID=DOW3695
- Linux: https://kb.safenet-inc.com/kb/link.jsp?ID=DOW3696
- Macintosh: https://kb.safenet-inc.com/kb/link.jsp?ID=DOW3697
- AIX : https://kb.safenet-inc.com/kb/link.jsp?ID=DOW3698
- Solaris x86: https://kb.safenet-inc.com/kb/link.jsp?ID=DOW3699
- Solaris Sparc : https://kb.safenet-inc.com/kb/link.jsp?ID=DOW3700
- HP-UX Itanium : https://kb.safenet-inc.com/kb/link.jsp?ID=DOW3701
The next version of Sentinel Envelope for Android (Java) has been released!
This is licensing agnostic version of Envelope for Android. The major feature for this release is - Encryption of whole “dex”. This result in higher level of security and increases the protection coverage of application.
The package and release notes are available at http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/
- This error occurs if machine name of local machine is specified in Specify Search Parameter box on http://localhost:1947/_int_/config_to.html (Admin Control Center).
- Due to this once the key is found as local key by license manager , it again finds the same key considering it to be connected on remote machine.
- To resolve this remove the entry of local machine name from Specify Search Parameters or change it from local machine name to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1".
The error can occur when connection with master key is disrupted at the time master wizard is being executed.
Following scenarios needs to be avoided:
1.) Master key abruptly unplugged while the same is being introduced.
2.) Internet connection disconnected while the master key is being introduced.
We can create EMS Database manually by using some SQL Scripts.
In database server machine, run the following database scripts using SQL Server Management Studio in the given sequence. The scripts are available at %EMS_HOME%\Database\SQL Scripts\ManualDBCreationScripts in Sentinel EMS Server.
- CreateDB.SQL (For creating new database)
- CreateTables.SQL (For creating Tables in database)
- SeedMasterData.sql (Import master data/ database schema)
- SeedLDKAttributes.sql (Import LDK relational attributes)
- SeedCLOUDAttributes.sql (Import Cloud attributes)
- SeedDemoData (Optional).sql (Optional Script, If we want to fill Demo data)
For protecting any apk file in Envelope, we need to sign this apk file before it can be installed on any android device.
Following are the steps to sign any apk or jar file-
A. Create a key store:
1) Open an Administrator Command Prompt and go to ‘java\jre\bin’ directory
2) Now enter the following command to generate a new keystore- keytool -genkey -alias <alias name> -keyalg <algorithm> -keystore <path to save keystore> -keysize <size>
Example: keytool -genkey -alias MyKey -keyalg RSA -keystore “c:\key.keystore” -keysize 2048
3) Now it will ask for a password for keystore. Set any password here. Size should be atleast 6 characters.
4) Few questions will be there. Enter the answers to these questions and then enter ‘y’ to confirm
5) Now set a password for the key created in the keystore. Press enter directly to use the same password as set for keystore
This will create a keystore in the location specified. (c:\key.keystore)
B. Signing the apk/jar with this keystore:
1) Go to location “java\jdk\bin’ in Administrator Command Prompt
2) Enter the following command-
jarsigner –verbose –keystore <path to keystore> -storepass <password of keystore> -keypass <password of key> <path to unsigned jar/apk> <alias name>
Example: jarsigner –verbose –keystore “c:\key.keystore” –storepass 12345678 –keypass 12345678 “c:\android\bounce.apk” MyKey
This will sign the apk/jar file.
We are pleased to announce the availability of the latest Sentinel HL Upgrade tool.
This tool allows ISVs to upgrade Sentinel HL keys in Hardlock configuration to Driverless configuration. Customers can then integrate their software with Sentinel LDK protection and licensing and benefit from the numerous advantages this platform offers compared to legacy Hardlock keys.
The new tool can be downloaded from Sentinel Customer Community.
In case EMS in LDK 7.3 does not work after Java 8 upgrade , it can be resolved by following steps mentioned below :
- Open SentinelEMSw.exe located at ....\Program Files \Sentinel EMS\EMSServer\bin
- Now click "Java" tab and ensure JVM dll should point to JRE 8’s jvm.dll.
- Browse to ….\EMS_HOME\EMSServer\bin from command prompt opened in Run as Administrator mode.
- Execute “service.bat remove” and then “service.bat install”.
- Open services.msc and select properties "Sentinel EMS" , change the services Startup type to "Automatic".
- Restart EMS Service.
Sentinel RMS License Manager cannot function properly if machine name contains all numeric characters.
- The Sentinel RMS License Manager cannot function properly if machine name contains all numeric characters.
- In case of Microsoft Windows Operating System, the Sentinel RMS License Manager is installed successfully and Sentinel RMS License Manager service also runs fine. However, if the port number details are checked through netstat –ano, it is observed that UDP port 5093 and does not mention RMS License Manager Process ID.
- For Linux OS, running lserv from terminal does not start Sentinel License Manager.
- When machine name contains only numeric characters(ex:1234), this behaviour is seen as Sentinel RMS License Manager uses C API “gethostbyname()” which cannot pass only numeric characters as host name.
- It is recommended to use alpha-numeric machine name.
For Envelope protected applications, RUS package is embedded in the protected apk file.
When the protected application is executed for the first time, it searches for the license.
If no license is found then it opens up the RUS functionality and License can be activated using following options:
1) Product Key: This option displays Online Activation screen where server details and the product key needs to be provided.This method requires active data connection on the device
2) License File: This is for offline activation using V2C file which has following options :
- Collect Information: This is to collect the c2v file. which will be saved as “storage/sdcard/request.c2v”
- Apply update: This will search and apply the v2c file from “storage/sdcard/”
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
Sentinel RMS v8.6.1 release for all platforms
heena | April 17, 2015, 10:21 am
Sentinel Envelope v.2.1 for Android Java Applications released
heena | April 15, 2015, 05:19 am
"Duplicate key id exists on " error in Admin control Center
heena | April 10, 2015, 08:20 am
“Failed to decrypt Sentinel API, please try again” error while introducing master key
heena | April 10, 2015, 08:20 am
Creating EMS Database manually by using SQL Scripts
heena | April 8, 2015, 08:27 am