Below is the checklist to troubleshoot the license manager not running error:
- Run lsmon with license server IP address and see if the user is able to get the license details
- Run SLMDemo utility with license server IP address and see if user is able to request the license
- If any environment variable like LSHOST or LSFORCEHOST is set on user's machine, check the server IP entered in the environment variable is correct or not
- Check if any firewall is not blocking UDP port 5093 as this is the port used by RMS communication.
- Check if ping can be successfully done from client machine to server so as to test if there are any connectivity issues.
- Check if the RMS service is running in services.msc .
- Check if the license request is possible when the antivirus is disabled.
This error could be resolved by following the below mentioned steps:-
- Try to check-in the key again. Upon opening the “check-in” page, a prompt would pop up.
- The prompt would request to install the files in the "%\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre\bin" location. In order to install the files, click on the “Yes” button.
- In case administrator rights are not allowed on the problematic machine, you may receive another prompt. In this case, download the required files and save them in "%\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre\bin" directory on the problematic machine.
Sentinel Protection Installer is an integrated installer of the Sentinel System Driver,Sentinel Security Runtime, Sentinel Protection Server, and Sentinel Keys Server.
- Support of Windows 8.1 has been added.
- The potential buffer overflow with Sentinel Protection Server 7.6.1 has been handled.
- Sentinel Keys Server Exploit (DoS) has been handled.
- In UltraPro, Error 66 "BAD_SERVER_MESSAGE" instead of Error 70 "NOLICENSE_AVAILABLE" which occurs if SetContactServer is set to IP address of server (no broadcasting) has been handled.
Sentinel Protection Installer 7.6.7 is now available for download from Sentinel Customer Community.
We are glad to announce that a new RTE installer for Windows is now available for download.
Issue fixed: Installation of RTE with USB devices connected to the machine occasionally caused BSOD.
Sentinel LDK Run-time 6.63 is now available for download from Sentinel Customer Community
Sometimes Protection of .jar file fails with error “Serious Internal Engine Error(12) and Serious Internal Engine Error (65535)” , this issue generally arises due to large size of .jar files.
Below are some suggestions that can be applied:
- Remove those classes from the .jar file that are not required to be protected.
- Protect the .jar file with only those classes which are required to be protected.
- Include the unprotected .class files again in the protected jar file.
- Create a cancellation product and apply the v2c file.
- To further make the license unusable delete the respective v2c files from "%\ProgramFiles(x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel LDK\installed\%" location.
- After deleting the files, restart the service "HASP LDK License Manager" , the key will no longer be visible in ACC and the license won’t be usable at all.
LDK Embedded protected applications are officially supported only on Ubuntu 11.10 with Beagle Board xM (ARM Cortex-A8 or compatible CPU)
Please look for "Sentinel LDK Embedded" on the following page:
- In LDK EMS 7.1, generation of updates to HL keys is dependent on the Product Activation Module license (in Master keys). A patch has been released which removes this dependency between Product Activation Module license (in Master keys) and updates to HL keys.
- After applying this patch, the Product Activation Module license is no longer required to create updates to HL keys.
- Link for the patch: http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/?s=&c=all&p=Sentinel+LDK&o=all&t=Hotfixes&l=all
- The patch is also available for download through the Software Manager (LDK update system).
- Sentinel Cloud Licensing is Now Integrated Into Sentinel EMS
- Dynamic Memory in Sentinel HL (Driverless Configuration) Keys is Now Accessible
- Support for Virtual Clock for Sentinel HL Keys
- Enhancements to AppOnChip Protection
- Data Encryption Facility No Longer Requires the Run-time Environment
- IEEE Taggant Support
- Generic Support for Sentinel SL Under VM Live Migration Solutions
- Improvements to User Interfaces
- Mac OS X 10.9.1 is Now Supported
Sentinel LDK 7.1 is now available for download from Sentinel Customer Community http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/
For more information and details about other minor changes, please refer to the Release Notes included in SDK.
We are glad to announce that new RTE installers for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X are now available for download on Sentinel Customer Community. The Windows RTE is also available for download via Windows Update.
These include significantly improved reliability of Sentinel SL Admin-mode keys, with high resistance to corruption due power failure or other reasons, and support for Sentinel HL Board keys in Admin Control Center.
Note that due to policy changes by Microsoft, the RTE available on Windows Update for Windows XP and Vista will remain 6.60. Customers who wish to ensure that end-users use the latest RTE also on these versions of Windows should deploy any of the RTE installers, available for download from Sentinel Customer Community.
The new RTE is included with the upcoming Sentinel LDK 7.1.2 release, which is planned to be available for electronic delivery in the next couple of weeks.
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
Check-list for Error 5 - The license manager is not running
heena | June 30, 2014, 11:13 am
Error while checking in Key in EMS :Sentinel LDK licensing API not found (400)
heena | June 30, 2014, 11:10 am
Sentinel Protection Installer v7.6.7 Release
heena | June 10, 2014, 04:44 am
Sentinel LDK Run-time 6.63 available for download
heena | June 10, 2014, 04:41 am
Serious Internal Engine Error(12) and Serious Internal Engine Error (65535)
heena | May 30, 2014, 09:45 am